Kidneys role is to filter waste and toxins from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets are getting older, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible, and will lead to further loss of kidney function. Renal dogs may also experience loss of appetite and their caloric intake might decline, which may lead eventually to loss of muscle mass.
Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d®, clinical nutrition to support your dog’s kidney function and help sustain muscle mass. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How It Helps:
- Supports your dog’s natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- Enhances appetite & increases food intake
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.)TM Technology for dogs
- High level of essential amino acids – the building blocks of muscle protein
- Therapeutic levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
Hill’s® Prescription Diet® k/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and acti